Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cedarwood Essential Oil


CEDARWOOD (Cedrus atlantica)

Here's some information about one of my favorite oils...

Inhaling the oils of cedarwood increases the ability to think clearly and enhances the awareness needed for effective prayer and meditation. This is because of all the essential oils of the world, Cedarwood contains the highest concentration of sesquiterpenes, which have the ability to pass through the blood-brain barrier and oxygenate the brain directly upon inhalation by way of the nasal passages and the olfactory nerves. It has been suggested that cedarwood oil might prevent senility and Alzheimers disease.

Perhaps this is why the palaces of King David and King Solomon were built of cedar. King Solomon contracted King Hiram to supply all the materials needed (The Cedars of Lebanon) in return for wheat and fine oils for every year as long as it took to complete the temple. Unfortunately, the cedars of Lebanon were nearly forested to extinction and today only small patches exist in the far regions. Cedrus atlantica is believed to the closest in chemistry to the cedars of Biblical times.

Key Chemistry: Cedarwood contains 98% sesquiterpenes which deprogram misinformation written in the DNA due to trauma, abuse, loss and ancestral and limiting beliefs. Sesquiterpenes are considered the antidepressant in this valuable aspect.

Cedarwood may also be useful as a general cerebral stimulant. It may be diffused or applied topically as desired.

Fragrant Influence: Stimulates the limbic region of the brain (the center of emotions) and the pineal gland, which releases melatonin. Terry Friedmann, MD found in clinical tests that this essential oil was able to successfully treat ADD and ADHD (attention deficit disorders) in children. It is recognized for its calming, purifying properties.

Other Properties: may combat hair loss (alopecia areata), antibacterial, lymphatic stimulant.

USES: Hair loss, arteriosclerosis, ADHD, skin problems (acne, eczema)

Application: (1) Apply on location, (2) chakras/vitaflex points, (3) directly inhale, (4) diffuse.

CEDARWOOD FOR COLD/SORE THROAT TESTIMONIAL

I had a nasty cold and sore throat, a couple Sundays ago I woke up with a hacking cough and my wife told me to put Cedarwood on my throat & chest. I did, and it helped immensely. I was feeling rough enough I stayed home from church and read the first few chapters of the Essential Oils Desk Reference.




I also looked up Cedarwood and nowhere does it mention for respiratory problems. But it DOES help with this hacking cough!! I use it through the day.

At night I use Raven & RC (Young Living essential oil blends) in a travel diffuser. I get under the covers with it for about 15 minutes before going to sleep. Helps me sleep through most of the night w/o coughing. ~ Gary ~

CEDARWOOD FOR SLEEP

At night I place a drop or two of Cedarwood on my forehead and temples then dab the rest under my nose or perhaps on the outer rims of my ears. I fall asleep much more easily, perhaps because Cedarwood is known to stimulate melatonin, the sleep hormone. ~ Deborah ~

* Use only the BEST therapeutic grade essential oils. Essential oils from bath shops and natural foods stores are often perfume grade and thus may not yield therapeutic results. Perfume grade essential oils have been rendered toxic by the distillation method, fillers, chemical extractants, etc. and may cause adverse reactions.

To Learn More about Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and their many uses please contact me through my website: The Very Essence

Information found here refers solely to products from Young Living Essential Oils and is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. We urge you to do the health related research necessary to learn what is right for you.

No comments: