Thursday, August 09, 2007

Essential Oils - the high cost of low price

For almost 15 years before I got into essential oils I was a very faithful user and supporter of herbs for culinary, nutritional and medicinal purposes. I studied the edible and beneficial native plants and learned their powers and benefits.

Twenty years ago, in my quest to find nontoxic household cleaners, I turned to essential oils. I knew that pure essential oils could be used for healing, nutrition and flavoring foods. I was quite disappointed that when I set out 20 years ago to find pure organic essential oils that I was unable to find a source.

Even though my original quest was to get toxic, perfume-grade and synthetic products out of my household I was hopeful that I’d find essential oils I could try in cooking and healing that were safe for those purposes. I couldn’t find any. There’s a lot more involved to making a pure essential oil than just growing the plants organically and not using any solvents during distillation.

I continued reading about the benefits of pure essential oils and prayed one day I would find the quality oils I desired, Young Living Essential Oils. That day came 8 years ago. I couldn’t believe I had finally found exactly what I was looking for!

Once I had discovered the Young Living essential oils I was amazed by how much better they smelled, and how quickly I saw results. I was used to using fresh or dried herbal preparations for nearly everything and waiting weeks and sometimes months before I saw results. What I found with the Young Living oils is that if I selected the right oil I got results in minutes, if not seconds!

It’s been 8 years since my discovery, and what I’ve realized is that with all the knowledge I had of the nourishing and healing plants, was but a miniscule exposure to the vast knowledge our ancestors had of the plant kingdom around them. Even as I type this, I find myself drifting off into a disconnect of our modern world beside myself as to how such fine knowledge is a rarity today.

Buy the best, get Young Living Oils here!

If the bible can have nearly 1,000 references to essential oils it seems to me that the people of old utilized the powerful gifts of mother nature as skillfully and easily as we today insert coins into a soda machine and slip our finger into the aluminum ring to pop the top. It boggles my mind to think how much we average modern people have lost.

I am now a Distributor for Young Living Essential Oils, it’s my full-time business.

A part of me had forgotten that if someone has a bottle of Frankincense in their hand that probably 80% of the population doesn’t have a clue as to how it can be used. Sure, they know they can remove the cap and smell it, but beyond that they’re clueless.

Remember when I say, “whenever you hear me speak about how to use essential oils I am only referring to the Young Living brand because I know the quality. So do not try using store bought oils, even if they come from a Health Food store, in the same way.”

The reasons why you must know the quality of the oils you’re using is because the essential oil industry operates on a “perfume-grade” standard, which in my mind is scary at best. This is why you will see in many books and hear that you should never apply an essential oil topically undiluted and never ingest them. Statements like that refer only to the results you can expect from adulterated aromatherapy oils.

Buy the best quality essential oils from Young Living

No comments: